"May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you." Psalm 25:21 NLT

Rest on God's promises; stand behind yours.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Place To Begin

The Holy Spirit of God draws near to comfort, strengthten, and reassure those who follow Jesus Christ. This comfort does not begin with minds focused on the Spirit of God Himself.

Rather, this inner strength comes as we focus our attention on Jesus. Our comfort comes as we listen to the One who sent the Holy Spirit---the One who says:

Let not your heart be troubled;
you believed in God, believe in Me.
In My Father's house are many mansions;
if it were not so, I would have told you.
I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come again and receive you to Myself;
thjat where I am, there you may be also.
And where I go you know, and the way you know....
I am the way, the truth, and the life.
No once comes to the Father except through Me.
--John 14:1-4,6

The first step is to say yes to Jesus. Have you done that? Do you recognize your own sin and unworthiness to approach God the Father in your own merits? If you're not sure, read Romans 3:1-23.

Then, in the awareness of your own spiritual bankcruptcy, put yourself at the mercy of Christ. Trustt Him to be your Savior from sin. Trust Him to be the only One who will lead you to the Father and to the kind of comfort, in this life and the next, that only He can give.

-RBC Ministries

No comments: