"May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you." Psalm 25:21 NLT

Rest on God's promises; stand behind yours.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

When Tragedy Strikes

Where do we find unshakable confidence to go on when tragedy strikes? King David, a man familiar with tragedy throughout his life, wrote:

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge.----Psalm 62: 5-8

David's exhortation 1,000 years before Jesus Christ was born is still true today. The only refuge for the battered and brokenhearted is a relationship with God, who has shown how deeply He loves and cares for us (romans 5:8).

Jesus invites us to a life of confidence and hope, even when faced with loss. "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me" (John 14:1).

Trusting in Jesus means depending on Him for what can never be lost (John 1:12; 10:10). His life, death, and resurrection assure those who trust Him taht they will receive His grace, mercy, peace, forgiveness, eternal life, and unfailing love ( Romans 8:31-39).

No matter what we lose in this life, Jesus' assurance of His abiding presence now and His promise of an eternal home with Him in heaven can be our unshakable fortress of hope and peace in times of trouble.

-RBC Ministries

1 comment:

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

no need to worry if God behind us..