"May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you." Psalm 25:21 NLT

Rest on God's promises; stand behind yours.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm missing my SISTERETS!

Photobucket


It was the first day of our Youth Camp 2000 in Baguio City, Philippines when my younger sister Geejay and I met my two best friends, TM and Chay. Oh how could I forget. We were sitting down in our bed unpacking some of our stuff when we heard these two girls passing by us laughing out loud. We looked at them and decided to be friends. The moment we asked for their names, they undoubtedly introduced themselves and gave us their amiable greetings. From there, our long lasting friendship began.

TM and Chay are not just my best friends; they are like my sisters too. I guess that’s why we started calling each other’s “SISTERETS’ because we’re like sisters. They were there for me whenever I needed someone to laugh with, cry with, or simply to hang out with. And like any other best friends or friends out there, we’ve been through a lot of ups and down as well, and I’m proud to say that our friendship are already tested and proven that no matter what happens, we’ll remain sisterets forever. I know there will be more trials ahead of us. However, despite those trials, I know in my heart that nothing here on earth can separates us from loving each other simply because we have GOD in the center of our friendship. He’s our strongest foundation. It’s been almost 6 years now since the last time I saw them and I cannot wait to eat, cook, watch, draw, shop, sing, or even pray with them again. *sigh*

True friends are really hard to find so when you do find them, don’t let them go!!! Thank You JESUS for these wonderful people in my life. I’m blessed to have them.

To my ever dearest TM and Chay:

Thank you so much for the friendship. Thank you for always being there for me. I really hope and pray that our distance from each other won’t be the hindrance for us to grow as friends. I love you both. Hope to see you soon.

*no offense to my other two sisterets Grace and Sheila… I miss you guys too! Of course!*
-Glenda

No comments: