"May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you." Psalm 25:21 NLT

Rest on God's promises; stand behind yours.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Toddler's Creed

Elisa Morgan, the president of MOPS International (Mother's Of Pre-Schooler), shared this insight into a child's view of the world:

TODDLER'S CREED

If I want it, it's mine.
If I give it to you and change my mind later, it's mine.
If I can take it away from you, it's mine.
If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
If it's mine, it will never belong to anyone else, no matter what.
If we are building something together, all the pieces are mine.
If it looks just like mine, it is mine.

Anyone who has ever known a toddler knows the truth of that creed. We expect to see this trait in toddlers, but we despise it when it's seen in adults. It's called covetousness.

The apostle Paul, who had led an outwardly religious life before he became a follower of Jesus wrestled with that sin (Romans 7:7). After carefully studying the law of Moses, he recognized covetousness for what it is. But God in His grace changed Paul. Instead of remaining a coveting, grapsing man, he became a truly generous person (Acts 20:33-35). And generosity may be the acid test of whether or not we are still spiritual toddlers.

Are you allowing the Lord Jesus Christ to create in you a new, giving heart? Or are you still foloowing the "Toddler's Creed"?

---Haddon Robinson

2 comments:

Kero said...

ah yes. toddlers are naturally selfish ;)

btw, i added you to my bloglist. thank you for the visit!

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

have a nice day..